Follow these 5 steps to get electricity service
- Plan for energy: Design for safety and energy efficiency. Secure planning approval. Advise Grenlec if project is extensive or will require new infrastructure.
- Use Grenlec’s Service Application Checklist to guide you: Download here.
- Wire or Modify Wiring: Use a licensed electrician.
- Apply to Government Inspectorate Unit for Inspection: Licensed electrician prepares application. Pay fees and submit application to Inspectorate. Inspectorate will issue Certificate of Approval after satisfactory inspection.
- Apply to Grenlec for Connection: Submit Certificate of Approval, application form and pay fees. Grenlec Service Application Checklist details requirements and service timelines.
If you have any questions about applying for electricity service, please call us at 237 or 440-2097.