The following information can be used to check areas of your home to improve the electrical safety. Not following these guidelines increases the possibility of:
- an electrical shock
- overheating or
- a fire
Water and Electricity Do Not Mix
Don’t leave electrical appliances plugged in areas where it may come in contact with water. If a plugged appliance falls into water, NEVER reach in to pull it out – even if it’s turned off. First turn off the power source at the panel board and then unplug the appliance. If you have an appliance that has gotten wet, don’t use it until it has been checked by a qualified technician.